Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X
Introducing the Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X from LUMSAIL MEDICAL.
In veterinary medicine, Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X have achieved great success under most conditions of the horse:
- Wound healing
- Navicular disease
- Tendons, ligaments and other soft tissue injuries
- Muscle pain
- Tibial stress fracture
- Bucked shins
- Impinging dorsal spinous processes (withers)
- Proximal sesamoid bone fractures
- Incomplete long pastern fractures
- Subchondral bone pain
- Angular limb deformities
How is the treatment administered?
While a veterinary clinic can administer ESWT to inpatients, most practitioners take the therapy to their equine clients. The horse remains standing in his stall and is usually lightly sedated to keep him from moving excessively during the treatment. A veterinarian uses a portable unit to generate high-pressure acoustic (sound) waves. The apparatus is held against the injured area (bone, joint, tendon, or ligament) for about twenty minutes. A typical course of therapy involves three treatments at three-week intervals.
What happens to the tissues treated with this therapy?
While the exact mechanism is not yet known, ESWT commonly leads to improved circulation due to blood vessel dilation in and around the injured area. Growth of new blood vessels has also been recorded.
Significant pain relief is almost immediately evident, although slight swelling and sensitivity may be noticed for a few days. ESWT also has a positive effect on the concentration of transforming growth factor beta 1, which stimulates cell activity. In addition, ESWT influences bone remodeling by thickening the outer layers and strengthening the cell network underlying joint cartilage.
Advantages of Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X
- Colorful touch screen
- “Plug & Play” system
- Multi-preset treatment protocols
- User friendly and reliable
- No air compressor, low maintenance cost
- Easy to use
Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X Indications
- Suspensory Ligament Branch
- Collateral Ligaments Of Various Joints
- Nuchal Ligament
- Arthropathy / Cubarthrosis
- Muscle triger points – Sciatica, myositis, fibrosis
- Chronic Back Pain
- Hip And Elbow Dysplasia
- Painful Scar Tissue
- Relax After Sports
- General Massage
Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X Specifications
- Technology: Compressor free ballistic radial shockwave therapy-system with electromagnetic generator as projectile accelerator
- Therapeutic Penetration Depth: 30-45mm
- Shockwave Type: ESWT (Extracorporal Shock Wave Therapy)
- Power Levels / Energy: High energy from 10mJ (0.25 Bar) to 190mJ (5.0 Bar) and, stepping at 10mJ adjustable, for versatile applications.
- Frequency: 1-22 Hz, Stepping by 1Hz
- Modes: 4 Burst modes (continuous / 4 / 8 / 12 pulses)
- Programs: 8 pre-set position based protocols & 30 pre-set indication based protocols
- Controls: Color touch-screen with two quick rotary knobs for energy and frequency
- Applicators: 5 pieces for different applications
More colors can be selected:
Interested in knowing more about Equine Use Veterinary Shockwave Therapy Equipment Smartwave BS-SWT2X?
Please contact us for more information.